Safety is the Key.           Simple. Sensible. Safety. - T: 020 8406 5039   M: 0777 614 0913
Here are some important pieces of health and safety legislation that we can help simplify and implement for you. Call / text / whatsapp 0777 614 0913 or EMAIL us:

Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (HSWA): All work places are covered by this legislation. Employers must do everything reasonably practicable to provide a safe and healthy workplace with adequate welfare facilities. HSWA has been supported and extended by various sets of regulations, codes of practice and guidance, all of which deal with various aspects of health and safety. Our Competent Person Package is designed to help you with this.

Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR): require employers to carry out risk assessments, make arrangements to implement necessary measures, appoint competent people and arrange for appropriate information and training. See Prices for Packages that can help you with this.

Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations (WHSWR): cover a wide range of basic health, safety and welfare issues such as ventilation, heating, lighting, workstations, seating and welfare facilities.

Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations (DSE): set out requirements for work with Visual Display Units (VDUs).

Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations (PPE): require employers to provide appropriate protective clothing and equipment for their employees.

Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER): require that equipment provided for use at work, including machinery, is safe.

Manual Handling Operations Regulations (MHOR): cover the moving of objects by hand or bodily force.

Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations: cover requirements for first aid.

The Health and Safety Information for Employees Regulations: require employers to display a poster telling employees what they need to know about health and safety. And don't forget about H&S training too.

Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act: require employers to take out insurance against accidents and ill health to their employees.

Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR): require employers to notify certain occupational injuries, diseases and dangerous events.

Noise at Work Regulations: require employers to take action to protect employees from hearing damage. Do you have a noise risk assessment in place?

Electricity at Work Regulations: require people in control of electrical systems to ensure they are safe to use and maintained in a safe condition.

Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH): require employers to assess the risks from hazardous substances and take appropriate precautions.

Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations (CHIPS): require suppliers to classify, label and package dangerous chemicals and provide safety data sheets for them.

Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (CDM): cover safe systems of work on construction sites.

Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations: cover safe installation, maintenance and use of gas systems and appliances in domestic and commercial premises.

Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations: require those who manufacture, store or transport dangerous chemicals or explosives in certain quantities to notify the relevant authority.

Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR): require employers and the self-employed to carry out a risk assessment of work activities involving dangerous substances.